The company’s stages of “feeling good”
The company medi stems back to the end of the 19th century. When the company was first founded in the town of Pausa, Vogtland in the state of Saxony, nobody dreamed it would become a pioneer and trendsetter in the medical devices market.
- 2016: medi presents the very first compression stockings with printing all round, mediven elegance "Leo" and "Circle".
- 2016: foundation of medi prosthetics GmbH. The newly established, independent prosthetics company is a 100% subsidiary of medi.
- 2013: medi becomes new main and title sponsor of Bayreuth's German basketball league club. The previously named BBC Bayreuth is now medi Bayreuth with the slogan "feel the passion".
- 2012: igli carbon insoles now belongs to medi – the new Footcare Division is founded.
- 2011: ITEM m6, medi's fashion brand, conquers the world of fashion. medi's fashion brand products lend the legs more energy all day long.
- 2011: foundation of the charitable organisation medi for help.
- 2009: Wolfgang Joop presents medi's products in his show "Hurt and Heal" at Paris Fashion Week – the beginning of an exciting co-operation spanning a number of years.
- 2009: the new Lifestyle division is founded, with the sports brand CEP as one of the highlights.
- 2007: improved performance and more rapid regeneration for athletes: CEP, medi's sports brand is born.
- 2007: medi launches the M.4s, the first sterile knee brace, onto the world market.
- 2004: the patented medi Liner RELAX is the first silicone Liner for phantom pain world-wide – without any side effects.
- 2004: for the first time, medical compression garments from medi are available in trend colours.
- 2000: mediven travel is the first clinically tested travel stocking on the market.
- 1998: medi brings the Spinomed back brace, the first back orthosis ever with a scientifically proven effect against osteoporosis, onto the market.
- 1994: the range of services offered by the Prosthetics division is expanded.
- 1991: the company is rebranded as "medi", the entire look of the company is changed and the umbrella brand is founded.
- 1986: Phlebology joins the Orthopaedics division.
- 1982: mediven thrombexin, the medical thrombosis prophylaxis stocking, is introduced in hospitals.
- 1982: medi USA is founded.
- 1975: medi 75 is the first compression stocking with a sheer look. This has been developed further to become today's mediven elegance.
- 1972: the Hospital Division is founded. struva, the anti-embolism stocking, bolsters the range.
- 1964: the medi stocking is born – the first seamless, highly-elastic compression stocking with a covered weft thread.
- 1951: Wolfgang Weihermüller and Günter Voigtmann found the company WeCo in Bayreuth.
- around 1920: Albert Weihermüller and Berthold Voigtmann laid the foundation stone for a successful future with the company Weihermüller & Voigtmann in Pausa / Vogtland.