Freelance Creative Designer / CEP Apparel (w/m/d)
With the two brands CEP and ITEM m6 medi, a world leader in medical devices, has expanded from the medical market to the global sports and fashion market. CEP is Germany's No. 1 for sports compression and also develops concepts for sports orthopedics and highly functional sportswear. ITEM m6 stands for exclusive, highly fashionable stockings and shapewear.
- Research and identify trend directions.
- Partner with related teams on creating overall seasonal concepts and big ideas.
- Consistently shop marketplace; awareness of the competitor’s ,for inspiration and product opportunities.
- Develop fabrics, color palettes, special trims and styling details.
- To design market right products according to the CEP Corporate Identity for assigned projects in cooperation with Product management, development, sales and marketing. Visualize ideas for products and ranges with a high degree of expertise.
- Ensure and lead a proper handover of sketches into development together with product management team. Main duty is to submit all relevant information needed for the development process such as sketches, detail sketches, fabric and trim indication, artworks.
- To be part of the fitting meetings of prototypes during the full development stage until Buy-Ready , to do the changes with related teams concerning the visual look, fit, performance and pricing.
Your profil & qualifications:
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from a college or university with an emphasis on Textile - Design or a related education.
- 3-5 years of practical experience in design environment, especially on SPORTSWEAR industry. Graphic design experience is PLUS..!
- Good knowledge of product development, material and trims for assigned product range.
- Knowledge of sourcing & production to make wise designs in terms of cost effectiveness.
- Passion for Design & High level of creativity.
- Enthusiastic about sports and the sports marketStrong presentation and communication skills.
- Knowledge and use of design software/systems (Photoshop, Illustrator..).
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Travel domestically and internationally when needed.